Professional French translation services
All of our professional French translators are native speakers, specialists in their field, have a degree in translation and a minimum of 5 years’ experience. Whether you have brand guidelines to translate, property management materials or an automotive manual, our expert translators will use their full understanding of the terminology and nuances to achieve the very best results.
What to expect from our French translation services
There are several different variations of the French language and it has many different dialects. The most widely known variants of the French language that are spoken around the world are:
- Metropolitan French (Standard French), which is the most common version and has been the official language of France since the sixteenth century
- Belgian French (spoken in Belgium)
- Swiss French (spoken in Switzerland)
- Quebec French (spoken in Canada)
At The Language Factory, we are able to offer translation services for all of the above versions of French.
Metropolitan or standard French is the most commonly used variant of the French language, and is the one used in international commerce. However, we are often asked by our clients to adapt or produce a translation to target a specific region outside of France. When this happens, we always use a native translator from the country or region.
One thing to consider when translating any sort of material from English to French (no matter which dialect), is that the translated text is likely to increase by about 10-15%. It’s wise to keep this in mind if your translated copy is going to be used in printed materials or on a website, as you will likely be working within a template and the increase can affect the layout.
Interesting facts about the French language
- The French language is spoken by over 338 million people worldwide. More than 110 million people speak it as a first language and 190 million people speak it as a second language.
- French is the only language other than English that is taught in every country in the world and in Britain it is the most commonly taught foreign language in schools.
- 32 countries in the world use French as an official language.
- The French language has over one million words and approximately 20,000 new words are added to the language every year.
What’s next? If you require professional language translation services give us all us on +44 (0)1727 862722 to receive a free quote for your French translation project or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.